Sunday, October 1, 2017

How's Your Wellbeing?

Note: this blog post originally appeared on my website, Healthy Boomer Lifestyle.

I'd like to talk a bit today about a spiritual practice that I've adopted recently--ho'oponopono. This practice has enhanced my wellbeing tremendously, so I'd like to share it with you. 
Originally part of the Hawaiian Kahuna spiritual tradition (Kahuna is the Hawaiian term for a wise person or shaman), the practice has gone mainstream, thanks in part to author, speaker, and online business guru Dr. Joe Vitale, who has written two excellent books about Ho'oponopono called Zero Limits and At Zero.
If you just look at Dr. Joe's website, http://www.zerolimits.info/, it sounds a little crazy!
But it's deceptively simple, and not crazy at all.
If there's something you'd like to change in your life (which really means changing within), just repeat the four phrases
I love you
I'm sorry
Please forgive me
Thank you
silently to yourself throughout the day. 
That's it!
Who are you repeating them to? God, the Divine, the Unviverse, whoever or what ever you call the creator of life that nourishes us inwardly each moment.
What happens? The Divine energy transmutes any negative "tapes" playing in your subconscious, and believe me...we've all got some to one degree or another!
I've been aware of Ho'oponopono for about 10 years, but I didn't start practicing it regularly until a few weeks ago.
What it's done is help me stay more deeply in a state of peace, stop a lot of my mind chatter, and connect more deeply with God's unconditional love for us all.
The ultimate goal means to take 100% responsibility for everything that shows up in our lives. 
That's a pretty heavy statement, so I will just end here for today and pick up again with that tomorrow.
I love you
I'm sorry
Please forgive me
Thank you


No comments:

Post a Comment