Tuesday, July 1, 2014

New Directions, Let's Celebrate!

When I first started this blog several years ago, my intent was to document my weight loss/health journey progress and post some delicious, healthy recipes.

I wanted mostly, though, to show that eating...and living...healthy can be fun!

Now, I want to re-direct this blog to not just focus on healthy eating, but on focusing on the overall joy in life no matter what our circumstances or state of health.

In 2008, my husband and I first learned of Law of Attraction and the Abraham-Hicks teachings. We bought some CDs and DVDs and listened for awhile, and quite frankly...just didn't get it.'

Nothing in our circumstances was changing, and I was depressed and unhappy much of the time.

Fast-forward to November 2013. By some synchronistic turn of events, I found a closed Facebook group called Law of Attraction Results. I joined the group, (not really understanding how I could join it when it's closed), and was amazed at the results people were experiencing in their lives when they chose to be clear in their intentions, let go, and just be happy in the moment.

There also were many free resources (ibooks, youtubes) that I took advantage of.

Little by little, bit by bit, I started feeling better even though our outer circumstances were less than ideal. At some point in this blog, I will go into that, but right now I just don't want to focus on it.

The focal point of our days became listening to an Abraham-Hicks financial well being meditation on youtube at the beginning and end of each day, and listening to other Abraham-Hicks youtubes in between.

Another focal point for me became viewing the beautiful sunsets each evening from our third-story extended stay motel window.

Some days, I still lose my way. We moved in with friends to save money, and I no longer have my beautiful view or much private time to listen to the youtubes.

However, I recently was gifted with a copy of Go To ELF!, which is a fantastic book that gives a fictionalized account of people using the Law of Attraction in their lives, with wonderful results.

ELF stands for Eternal Life Force, or what Abraham would call the Inner Being, and I've discovered that I can have an inner conversation with the ELF, or my IB, at any time, and receive guidance and comfort.

That's all I'm going to share for today, but I plan to really commit this time to blogging and sharing at least several times a week, as I continually celebrate new directions in my life and focus on making my life fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment